Although gaiters are not a complicated bit of gear, anyone who has tried to fit a pair will know that it can be a right pain to get on the boot! If you don't use the right technique you will either just not be able to get them on, or you'll probably hurt yourself (like I did) using a screwdriver as a lever. Click here to view our Gaiter range.
Here is a guide on how to fit gaiters.
1. Firstly insert the boot into the gaiter, ensuring its centered. Some gaiter's are left and right specific so check the label before putting it in.
2. Next, line up the front of the boot, you need to make sure the gaiter sits on the edge of the boot so its low but doesn't touch the floor, this will make your gaiters last.
3. Now you will have to put the gaiter over the back of the boot, this is the trickiest part and requires a lot of force. I did this by holding the toe to the floor and pulling until I got the heel over.
4. If you have any excess material pull it up, make sure its not rucked up under the rubber by lifting the rubber up and checking.
5. Once you have lined the rubber up it should look something like these two pictures. If its not quite right pull the rubber about until it lines up correctly.
6. Congratulations, you have fitted your gaiter (just one left!) sit back and take 10 minutes to relax if it was as tricky for you as it was for me, you've earned it.