1. Bridgedale - Pompom beanieThe first thing on our list is this pompom beanie from Bridgedale. The Pompom is made from 50% merino wool which as we all know has amazing temperature control properties so when you're walking on a chilly morning it will keep you nice and warm, but if the day heats up you won't get a sweaty head wearing it. It has a chunky knit style which gives it that classic hiking look, and it also has a super comfortable fit for all day wear.
2. Osprey - Kestrel 38The Kestrel 38 from Osprey is a great pack for your autumn and winter walking. It features two ice axe loops and easy glide zips so you can get into your bag even when wearing gloves, as well as tons of other features. The stretch front pocket enables you to customise how you pack the front of the bag and lastly it has a 38 litre capacity offering you tons of space which is ideal for all those autumn hiking essentials!
3. Muck Boot Company - Arctic SportAfter the perfect wellies for autumn walking? Well look no further than the Arctic Sport from the Muck Boot Company. The Arctic is a brilliant wellie to walk pretty much anywhere, whether it's along the coast, hill walking or just going to the shops and back. The boots feature a fleece and 5mm foam lining which will keep you nice and warm on those cold autumn walks. As a result, these wellies have an amazing temperature range.. you can wear these from -40 degress to 40 degrees. How cool is that!
4. Montane - North Star LiteThe North Star from Montane is a brilliantly warm jacket. The DWR coating will keep you dry in the light rain and mist, the articulated arms give you much better movement and you also get a dry bag to keep it dry in your pack. It also has a humanly obtained 800+ goose down fill which hasn't been live plucked or force fed. This down fill will keep you toasty on those cold autumn walks and hikes. Another key feature is the PERTEX rip-stop lining which keeps this jacket super lightweight but also super strong.
5. Mountain Hardwear - Monkey ManNow you have read the title (monkey man) get that Specials song out of your head and concentrate on this fleece. So whats so great about the Monkey Man from Mountain Hardwear? It's lightweight, has brilliant breathability and features Polartec. The high loft "monkey phur" in the upper arms and shoulders gives amazing warmth and works perfectly with the Polartec. It also has increased mobility in the arms and back which is ideal for people who love a good old winter scramble.
6. Salomon - X Alp MtnThe X Alp Mtn from Salomon is ideal for your autumn and winter hill walking. One of the key features of these boots is the Gore-Tex membrane which will keep your feet dry in the rain and the snow, and they also have a B1 crampon rating giving them a 4 season rating. Other notable features include self-locking eyelets, 3D edging chassis, a rubber mudguard and a protective toe cap. The Salomon X Alp Mtn have a standard fit meaning this boot is ideal for all walkers.
7. Terra Nova - Polar Lite 2For those hardcore autumn and winter wild campers out there look no further than the Polar Lite 2 from Terra Nova. The Polar Lite 2 has a HH (hydrostatic head) of 6000 keeping you nice and dry in the wet weather, but it still has brilliant breathability. The tunnel design gives you great head room throughout the tent and also means it's easy to pitch. This tent has been designed with the winter season in mind, with usage mostly in the snow, therefore it has a 4 season rating.
8. The North Face - Thermoball JacketThe ThermoBall Jacket from The North Face is one of our must-haves this season. This is due to the fact that it has the new, revolutionary synthetic insulation technology with lightweight, heat-trapping, all-weather qualities. Perfect for the unpredictable autumn weather! This tech is Primaloft synthetic, which traps heat with small pockets of fibre clusters to keep you warm, but also keeps this jacket lightweight and easily compressible. This compressibility is shown when you pack it away into its own stowable pocket, ideal for taking with you wherever you go this season!
9. Berghaus - Mera PeakThe Mera Peak from Berghaus is a hiking classic. It uses Gore-Tex to keep you dry, has sleeve articulation giving you a better fit, bonded cuff tabs, underarm venting and a brilliant peaked hood. It also features 5 pockets, reflective strips on the arms and has a dropped hem. The Mera Peak ticks all the boxes when it comes to autumn and winter walking.
10. Black Diamond - Digital LinerEven with the thickest of gloves sometime people can still get cold hands so let us introduce you to the Black Diamond Digital glove. Whether you're scrambling up a mountain, walking the dog or just walking along the coast the Digital liner will feel right at home. These gloves are ultra lightweight, have Gore Windstopper tech, a leather palm protection, elasticated wrist detail and the thumb and index finger can be used all touchscreen devices.
There we have it, our top ten picks for this year's autumn season! What fresh new products are you going to buy this autumn? Just let us know by commenting below...