The Womens Ellipse 2 Mid LTR GTX Walking Boot from Salomon is a waterproof, protective boot, perfect for demanding hikes and all-weather adventures. With heel and toe caps as well as a shock absorbent footbed, your feet are kept safe from the craggy terrain, while the soft cushioning and heel foam provides great support, so you can just fly through the trails.
- Waterproof Gore-Tex® technology
- Optimised womens fit and design
- Protective heel cap
- Protective synthetic toe cap
- Heel strap
- Heel foam
- Gusseted tongue
- Upper: Full leather / Water resistant textile / Waterproof split suede leather
- Lining: Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort Footwear membrane / Waterproof bootie lining construction
- Sole: High Traction Contragrip® outsole, OS Tendon / Injected EVA midsole / Ortholite® sockliner
- 370g (UK Size 5.5)
Gore-Tex® is a highly breathable, fully waterproof and windproof membrane with microscopic pores about 20,000 times smaller than a drop of water but 700 times larger than a water vapour molecule. This prevents water from penetrating while allowing vapour to escape.
Contagrip® is a precise combination of compound, density and lug geometry, optimized for specific sports and surface conditions. Hiking, running, skiing, biking, winter or summer, dry or wet. Every sport, every surface, each shoe has been designed with the best sole in mind.
Ortholite® sockliner combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. The foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot and will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. The heel cups add better heel support and extra cushioning.
EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) is a dense foam used in the footbed of many shoes because of its durability and excellent shock absorption properties.