- 1977 – Superfeet is launched as Superfeet In-Shoe System
- 1980 – The first trim to fit insole is launched aimed at runners
- 1986 – Superfeet start focusing on the medical market
- 1993 – Trim to fit program is launched
- 2001 – Superfeet introduced footnotes for dress shoes and trainers
- 2008 – Outside magazine ranks Superfeet as one of the best places to work in the US
- 2013 – Carbon arrives at Superfeet making Superfeet stronger and more lightweight than ever before.
About The Brand: Superfeet
[caption id="attachment_9954" align="aligncenter" width="600"] ©Superfeet[/caption] We all know the brand but do you know their story? In this blog we are going to talk briefly about the history of Superfeet and our favourite Superfeet products... In 1962 Superfeet founder Dennis Brown meets Dr. Bill Pozer, Pozer introduces Dennis to the emerging field of custom orthotics and sponsors his study at the California College of Podiatric Medicine. Between 1962 and 1962 Dennis (who was working at a ski shop at the time) started custom fitting amputees with orthotic devices inside leather ski boots. [caption id="attachment_9953" align="aligncenter" width="600"] ©Superfeet[/caption] It wasn’t until 1964 that Dennis purchased a Podiatric Laboratory in Lynden, Washington. It was here where Dennis' inventive mind was set free, he developed a knack for casting molds and producing the end product and he quickly discovered new and better methods for doing both! If we jump 10 years forward, Chris (a good friend of Dennis) had joined Dennis in the lab and over the next 40 years together they pioneered new concepts and developed innovative materials in the field of sports medicine. [caption id="attachment_9955" align="aligncenter" width="600"] ©Superfeet[/caption] Here are some other key dates:
What is your favourite Superfeet product? How long have you had it?
And don’t forget you can shop for Superfeet at Simply Hike.