It’s been an amazing year for everyone here at Simply Hike. In particular we saw a big change in the direction of our YouTube channel and our micro advice series was a massive hit. From our Simply Hike Advert, to our specialist videos from Katadyn, Optimus and Biolite. These advice videos seemed to go down really well with the hiking YouTube community and have really motivated us to create more helpful and informative videos for you next year.
In 2014 we also filmed our very first Simply Hike advert in the beautiful Peak District, which has had a massive 37,000 views! We now have an even greater drive for our 2015 advert, so watch this space!
Thank you for supporting our videos and finally the wait is over, here are our top 5 videos for Simply Hike:
5. Salomon X Ultra Mid GTX Men's Walking Shoe - At number five we have the Salomon men's walking boot review. Product reviews are a key part of our YouTube channel as we want customers to make the best purchases for them, our favourite pick of the year is a review of these Salomon boots, which also seemed to be one of our viewers favourites with over 13,800 views!
4. The Benefits of Buying High-Quality Walking Boots - We receive a lot of questions from customers about whether it is worth spending more money on your hiking boots, so this was a great video for us to give people some assistance in this matter. If you were wondering about this problem then we hope it helped you make your choice in boots this year!
3. Optimus Overview of Stoves - We were lucky enough to have the opportunity to speak to a specialist about the Optimus stoves that we stock, so we couldn't not share his expertise with you! We found this a really useful and informative video from someone who really knows the product inside out, so we hope you did too. In 2015 we want to be able to feature more specialists on our products to give you even more valuable advice, so watch this space.
2. Simply Hike Feature Advert Video - The Simply Hike feature video showcases our 3-day hiking adventure to the heights of the Peak District. We put an array of products for both men and women through their paces to see if what we sell to our consumers really is the best. The results definitely didn't disappoint! It was a fun video for us to work on, so fingers crossed 2015 brings us more adventures that we can share with you!
1. Beginners Guide to Hiking & Fell Walking - And coming in at number one we have our favourite video of the year, our beginners guide to hiking and fell walking. We want beginners to hiking to be prepared and feel at ease so this video was a really important one for us to put together. We also created a couple more videos in the series to give viewers a complete overview of starting out in hiking and fell walking in bitesize chunks. If there are any more mini-series like this that you would enjoy then please let us know and we can get working on them for 2015!
Thanks to everyone who has watched our YouTube videos this year, we can't wait to get started on next year! To see all of our videos this year then check out our YouTube channel.