- Protecting Britain's unique network of public rights of way.
- Promoting walking by providing information to help people plan walking trips and to enjoy it in safety.
- Increasing access for walkers.
- Defending the beauty of the countryside from the inappropriate development.
- Educating the public about their rights and responsibilities and the health and environmental benefits of walking.
The Ramblers - Working For Walkers
The Ramblers' Association - www.ramblers.org.uk - is Britain's largest organisation for promoting and protecting the interests of walkers. It's a registered charity with over 140,000 members across England, Scotland and Wales and has been defending Britain's footpaths and working with countryside bodies since 1935. In brief, The Ramblers role can be summarised as: