- Strengthens the upper body as well as the legs
- Creates resistance to build better bone density
- Burns 46% more calories than regular walking without poles
- Increases oxygen consumption
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- The poles help to support you whilst walking, making it feel easier than it actually is!
Why Participate In Nordic Walking?
Nordic Walking is a great walking sport that has benefits for your mental and physical health. It’s the fastest growing fitness activity in the world at the moment as it’s affordable, fun and incredibly effective! This sport shouldn’t be confused with hiking or trail running, it is a great sport of its own! The poles are planted in a different way too, not in front of you but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body. Getting the correct poles is the most important thing to concentrate on when beginning Nordic walking. Make sure you get Nordic poles and not normal trekking poles as they are really different and if they are adjustable it’s even better as you can customise the height perfectly to you. With a pair of Leki Nordic walking poles to hand, it means a simple evening stroll can turn into an easy workout. Using two poles has some great benefits: